- Product Description
- Product Tags
Dreadlock Wax - 4oz
- all natural formula for starting and maintaining dreads in ANY hair type
- binds new locks together, allowing scalp and locks to be washed as normal
- non-greasy, non-cakey, easy to use formula
- 4oz jar starts one full head of locks and lasts between 1-3 months, depending on use
- available in Light (natural beeswax color), suitable for Blonde to Light Brown hair, and Dark (with Walnut pigment), suitable for Medium Brown to Black hair
- no added fragrance, just the sweet smell of 100% natural beeswax
Way back in 1998.... there was Knotty Boy Dread Wax. Created on a stovetop on a small island off the west coast of Canada, Knotty Boy Dread Wax was the result of one 19 year-old girl's quest to find a truly natural formula that would help locks come together quickly, stay clean and, of course, look great. Fast forward many years later: Knotty Boy is still a small company, and that same fabulous Dread Wax continues to be one of our most popular products!
It is a fact that beautiful dreadlocks, regardless of length or hair type, require attention, care, and love, especially in their first year of development. Letting them come together on their own over time is a perfectly acceptable way to create dreadlocks, however, it simply offers no control over how long it takes them to grow, or what they might look like in the end.
Knotty Boy Dread Wax is an all natural formula that allows complete control over what the end result will be for your dreads. Short, long, pencil thin or Bob Marley boas, the power to create your dream-locks, literally, is in your hands. Knotty Boy Dread Wax utilizes the properties of pure, earthgrown ingredients to keep new locks looking tidy, while dramatically accelerating the natural locking process. Nothing 'fake' or unnatural happens when Knotty Boy Dread Wax is used to start and maintain dreadlocks. It simply helps make better locks, faster.
In addition, this light, water-resistant formula binds hair together, allowing the scalp and hair to be washed like normal without the risk of losing fragile, new locks, yet naturally breaks down and washes out gradually with every hot, steamy shower when not reapplied.
Knotty Boy Dread Wax is unique from other hair waxes because, while many claim they can be used on locks, they are often not designed specifically for them. Also, these products usually contain petroleum by-products which, like a tub of grease, can be nearly impossible to wash out of hair, are harmful to dreadlocks and are completely non-eco or body-friendly.
- Break Wax surface with fingertip. Wax will soften as it's worked.
- Divide hair into 1" square sections. Use a fine-toothed comb to 'back-comb' each section toward scalp.
- When section is tangled and knotted, twist and work a very small amount of Wax thoroughly into the lock, starting at the scalp. Add more Wax sparingly if necessary.
- Continue until all sections are done!
Ingredients: Beeswax, Castor Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Black Walnut Extract (Dark Wax Only)
INCI Ingredients: Cera Alba, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Juglans Nigra Shell Extract (Dark Wax Only).
All Ingredients are ethically sourced.